EFFECTIVE DATE: October 19, 2022
Beyond Celiac was registered as a business in the state of Pennsylvania in the United States of America on 09/08/2015. We’ve remained in good standing since. Our state issued ID number is 6295344.
The previous name of the organization was National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA), which was registered as a business in the state of Pennsylvania in the United States on 06/25/2003. We remained in good standing for the length of this registration. Our state issued ID number was 3152773.
- Address: Beyond Celiac, PO Box 544, Ambler, PA, 19002-0544, United States
- Phone number: 844-856-6692
- Email address: [email protected]
What Information Do We Collect About Your and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You
You may view our Site and use many of our Services without submitting any personal information. However, we may collect information from you if you agree to participate in surveys, questionnaires, or research projects, including name, contact information, demographics, health information and history. We also collect your name and contact information if you sign up to receive newsletters, information and alerts from us, or from our partners. In addition, if you make a donation to us, we receive information about your donation including your name and contact information, donation amount and any other information you submit (other than your credit card number); we use a third party to process credit card payments and do not collect or receive your credit card number directly.
Content You Post
Through our Site, you may be able to comment or post other content. If you do, we collect information about you and the content that you post.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Site; date and time stamp for your access and activities; and device ID. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your username, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To conduct awareness campaigns and research and analysis related to celiac disease.
- To send you newsletters and other information. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, understand trends, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To develop aggregate or de-identified reports.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Other Users. Any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all other users of the Site and Services.
- Research Partners. If you disclose information about yourself and your history with celiac disease to us (e.g., such as through surveys and questionnaires), we may share that information with our research partners, but we will first remove your name, contact information and other direct identifiers. This information may be used to conduct research studies and perform similar analysis. We may also contact you to invite you to participate in additional research; as part of this, you may be asked to share additional information with us and with the research organization. Your participation is voluntary.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may create and share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, trend analysis, advertising, research or similar purposes. However, such information will not identify a particular user or company.
Note: To request that Beyond Celiac refrain from using your personal information with Research Partners, Service Providers, or in the case of Business Transfers, inclusion of your personal information in Aggregate or De-Identified Information, please contact us at [email protected].
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies). We do not track your activity after you leave our Site.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We’ve configured our website server to save log data related to all server requests. This is primarily for website security, but it also serves as a backup in the unlikely situation that our other data sources are unavailable.
Our log files are stored in a publicly inaccessible section of our website server for 30 days and include the following information:
- IP address and device identifier: This is the unique identifying address broadcasted by the browser or device by which each user is accessing an online platform.
- Request date/time: The specific date and time of each action the user takes.
- Page requested: Each page or interface that the user accesses and how long they spend on each page.
- Bytes served: How much information is transferred during the user’s activity.
- User agent: the web browser or operating system of the user, which transfers necessary information to the web server in order to fulfill the needs of the user.
- Referrer: The previous location that the user was at before they were referred to your website or app, such as a search engine or exterior website link.
- Error logs: Information regarding any errors or functionality problems experienced by the user.
All log file information related to visits can be removed by Beyond Celiac based on users’ IP addresses.
Beyond Celiac has integrated Google Analytics on this website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the gathering, collection and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analytics service collects data on which website a data subject has come from (so-called referrers), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for which period of time a subpage was viewed.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
As IP anonymization is activated on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or other states in agreement with the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to and shortened by a Google server in the USA. On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on website activity and provide further services related to website and internet use to us. The IP address transferred through your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google.
In addition, this website uses the Analytics feature UserID to track interaction data. This User ID will be additionally anonymized and encrypted and will not be linked with other data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible.
In addition, you may prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
In addition, a cookie already set by Google Analytics can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
Further information and Google‘s applicable privacy regulations can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/.
Our website also uses Google Analytics performance reports related to demographics and interests and reports on Google Display Network impressions. You can disable Google Analytics for display advertising by visiting the ad settings at this link: https://adssettings.google.com.
Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. Through this service so-called website tags can be managed centrally via a user interface. Google Tag Manager only implements tags. No cookies are used and no personal information is collected.
However, Google Tag Manager will not access this data. If deactivation has been implemented for certain domains / websites or cookies, it will remain in effect for all tracking tags as far as they are implemented with the Google Tag Manager.
Beyond Celiac uses Google Ads to show retargeting ads to our website visitors. When a person visits our website, Google identifies them and stores information related to their visit (e.g., which pages they visit) in their servers. This allows us to show advertisements (on various websites and apps) to people who have previously visited the website. Visitors to the website are automatically added to our advertising audiences on Google Ads, and these audiences last for up to 540 days.
Facebook Tracking Pixel
This website uses Facebook’s “tracking pixel.” This pixel can be used to track user behavior after they have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook or Instagram ad. This allows us to record the effectiveness of Facebook and Instagram advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and, if necessary, to take optimization measures. The tracking of users who have landed on our website after clicking on one of our Facebook and Instagram ads can remain active up to 180 days.
The data collected in this way is anonymous for us, i.e., we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may connect this data to the Facebook account and also use it for its own advertising purposes, according to its data usage policy.
If you want to disable cookie storage for Facebook, you can do so via your browser settings.
Hubspot & Email Marketing
Beyond Celiac uses Hubspot for email marketing. We use Hubspot to manage our email lists, including segmenting users into different lists (e.g., celiac disease symptoms, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, donors, partners, etc.). We also use Hubspot to send emails to these lists.
Users must opt-in to email communications when filling out forms on the website. However, this wasn’t the case before 2018, when users were added to lists in a variety of ways without intentionally opting-in, and many of those users are still in our email lists. All emails we send include links to unsubscribe, and users can unsubscribe at any time.
Hubspot also gives us the ability to track which pages people visit on the website. We don’t use this information, but it is available.
Unsubscribing from our emails does not remove you from our Hubspot database. It simply means you won’t receive email communications anymore. To be removed from our Hubspot database, please contact us at [email protected].
NextRoll (Formerly AdRoll)
Beyond Celiac uses NextRoll for remarketing (also known as retargeting). We use this service to display advertisements on other websites to previous visitors of www.beyondceliac.org.
The data collected in this way is anonymous for us, i.e., we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by NextRoll. NextRoll may use it for its own advertising purposes, according to its data usage policy.
It’s possible to opt-out of this activity. The easiest way is to click on the small blue icon that appears in the corner of ads. Other methods of opting-out, including cross-device opt-out, are outlined at https://www.nextroll.com/privacy.
Beyond Celiac uses Funraise for fundraising purposes. Visitors who donate to Beyond Celiac create an account on Funraise. Personal information is then processed and stored by Funraise, including name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information submitted through forms. Funraise processes payments through a third party, although they may store the last 4 digits of payment cards for account administration purposes.
Users can deactivate their Funraise accounts at any point, and some users (based on different regions) have different options, such as exporting data or objecting entirely to data collection. More information can be found at https://www.funraise.org/about/privacy-policy.
Beyond Celiac uses Salesforce to manage our lists of donors and volunteers. We store personal information related to each donor and volunteer so we can contact them in the future, including name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
To be removed from our Salesforce database, please contact us at [email protected].
User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all registered users on our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and Beyond Celiac cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your computer or device, such as signing off after using a shared computer and using a strong password on personal devices, among other things.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us. In addition, if you would like to review and/or correct any of your personal information that we have gathered, please notify us at [email protected].
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. We will not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without their parents’ consent.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected].