Kick off May as Celiac Awareness Month and watch top chefs, doctors and media members compete to make the best gluten-free dish!
The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness and title sponsor Hyatt Regency Bethesda invites you to join us for the 2009 Washington DC Gluten-Free Cooking Spree , an event that joins together the medical and lifestyle aspects of celiac disease to increase education and awareness about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet.
- Top chefs, doctors and media representatives are assembled in teams of three.Together, they work to create the best gluten-free dish.
- Attendees will sample the food cooked by the chefs and enjoy a large assortment of other gluten-free food options. Come hungry! All attendees will take home a fabulous goodie bag filled with treats from a variety of gluten-free vendors.
- A three-person panel will judge the recipes and award a prize to the winning team.
- NFCA staff will be on hand. Resources and materials will be available.
- NFCA is pleased to honor Dr. Bob Anderson, internationally recognized leader in the field of celiac disease research. Dr. Anderson will review the progress made to date on the proposed vaccine for celiac disease.
- Alba Therapeutics will give our guests an update on their work with a clinical trial for the medication they are developing for celiac disease.
- Take a chance on a silent auction and win terrrific prizes, including a romance package from Hyatt Regency Bethesda and gluten-free food delights.
Enjoy gluten-free hor d’oeuvres, desserts, beer and wine.
ALL FOOD WILL BE GLUTEN-FREE!
Parking for the event at the Hyatt Regencyt Bethesda will be at a reduced rate. Self-parking will be $7.00 and valet parking will be $9.00 with validation. Be sure to pick up a valdiation card at the registration table at the Gluten-Free Cooking Spree.
For questions please call 215-325-1306, ext. 101.
Media and press inquiries call 215-325-1306 ext.103.