Gluten-Free Creamy Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Cheddar Cracker Melts
- 24 Crunchmaster® Tuscan Peasant Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Crackers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 cup chopped prepared roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1 can (28 oz) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 4 cups organic no-salt added vegetable broth
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, carrot, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, roasted peppers and bay leaves; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Let cool slightly. Transfer to blender; purée in batches until smooth. Stir in cream, remaining salt, half of the chives and vinegar.
- Cheddar Cracker Melts: Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high and position rack in center of oven. Arrange crackers on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Divide soup among 6 bowls. Sprinkle with remaining chives and serve with Cheddar Cracker Melts.
Tip:Use mild, medium or aged Cheddar, or substitute smoked mozzarella if desired.