Have you been wondering what to take to the June Pride celebration potluck? We’ve got you covered! These Pride Krispy treats are gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan and delicious.
- 4 ½ cups Fruity Pebbles cereal (always gluten-free and clearly labeled)
- 10 oz bag full-sized Dandies vegan marshmallows
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Grease an 8×8 or 7×11 baking pan with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the marshmallows into quarters with scissors.
- Combine the marshmallows in a pan with the coconut oil and heat on the stove on medium heat, stirring continuously. I found it easier to use a large pan to give the marshmallows more heated surface area and also to have enough room for the cereal when you add it. Note that the marshmallows will not melt to a liquid state, but will instead get soft, sticky and pliable.
- Once the marshmallows are soft, add the cereal a cup at a time. Expose a sticky surface of marshmallow, stick the cereal onto it, fold the cereal in and repeat. You may want to use your hands for the mixing process once most of the cereal is in the pan, but warning! It will be hot! If you have heat resistant silicone cooking gloves, this would be a great time to use them!
- Once the cereal is mixed in, transfer the mixture to your baking pan and push it into place, all the way to the edges.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight and then cut into squares.