Grandma’s Noodle Kugel
Kugel, a sweet, egg noodle casserole, is a common sight at any Jewish party. Try making this for your next holiday event, Jewish or not.
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- ½ pound gluten-free lokshen (egg noodles)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 small carton cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Separate 3 eggs and beat yolks, reserving egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until stiff.
- Melt butter or margarine in baking pan.
- Combine noodles with egg whites, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon and raisins in baking pan.
- Stir in milk and fold in egg yolks.
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Can be served warm or cold.