Chicken and Cornbread Dressing (or Stuffing)
This recipe was the second-place winner of the 2021 Beyond Celiac Gluten-Free Holiday Recipe Contest!
Recipe by Caron Hoffman
Gluten-Free Chicken and Cornbread Dressing (or Stuffing) by Caron
Yields 2 large aluminum baking pans. This recipe can be halved to feed fewer people, but the recipe as listed will feed up to 10 people.
- 2 pans of gluten-free cornbread (I make my own; Beyond Celiac has a recipe here)
- 1/2 dozen boiled eggs
- 1 large onion (I use sweet yellow)
- 1 whole chicken, boiled and deboned
- 1 can gluten-free chicken broth or broth from your boiled chicken
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can gluten-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbsp celery salt (or you can use 3 stalks)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick butter
- Sage to taste (I like a lot)
- Mix all ingredients except the butter.
- Spoon the mixture into large baking pans.
- Cut up the butter and spread over the top of the mixtures.
- Bake in an oven at 350°F for 30–45 minutes (ovens vary).