You only need five ingredients to make the best ever gluten-free cheese crackers that taste like a name-brand treat! They’re exactly what a cracker should be: crunchy and salty. This recipe is provided courtesy of the Gluten-Free Palate.
- ¾ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ –2 cups shredded cheddar (about 6-8 oz)
- For different flavors, use different cheeses. These photos were taken using a sharp cheddar. For a white cheddar, use white cheddar cheese.
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cold and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Extra salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the gluten-free flour blend and xanthan gum. Add the butter pieces and cheese.
- Pulse together until it forms a ball (about 2 minutes).
- Place the ball between two pieces of wax paper, and roll it out to about ¼” to ⅛” thick.
- Using a pastry wheel or pizza cutter, cut into 1-inch shapes/squares.
- Carefully peel them and place on a parchment lined baking sheet about ½-inch apart.
- Poke each cracker with a fork to prevent over-puffing.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Cool on the baking sheet, and store in an airtight container.