Serves 4 as a side
- 2-pound butternut squash
- 2 T. melted vegan margarine
- 2 T. favorite dairy-free milk
- 1 T. maple syrup
- ½ t. salt
- olive oil, for coating squash
Gingerbread Spice Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a small tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the top and bottom off the squash and slice in half lengthwise. Drizzle cut side with a little olive oil and lay cut side down on the parchment paper.
- Place in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the squash is very soft and bubbling around the edges.
- Let cool a few minutes. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Scoop the inside of the squash into the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the vegan margarine, dairy-free milk, maple syrup and salt and continue to puree until super smooth, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Spoon into a bowl and set aside while you make the Gingerbread Spice Crumble.
- Using your hands crumble up the Gingerbread Spice Cookies.
- Warm a small nonstick pan and add the olive oil. Pour in the cookies and the toasted seeds. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the cookie crumbs are lightly browned.
- Mix in the minced parsley and then sprinkle all over the butternut squash puree.