- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) oil
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) minced galangal or Chinese ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) minced garlic
- ½ lb. (250 g) ground chicken or turkey
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped water chestnuts
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) minced lemongrass (the bottom ” of stalk only)
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
Thai Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) lime juice
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) tamarind paste or rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 red serrano chile, seeded and sliced in half rings
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add galangal and garlic; stir fry 1 minute. Add ground chicken; stir fry 4 minutes. Add water chestnuts; stir fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, green onion, lemongrass, fish sauce, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Spoon into bowl. Cool slightly or refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, for the Thai Dipping Sauce, bring sugar and water to boil in small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool slightly. Mix ¼ cup of the syrup and remaining ingredients in small bowl. (Reserve remaining syrup for another use, such as sweetening iced tea.)
- Serve chicken mixture with lettuce leaves and Thai Dipping Sauce, allowing guests to form their own wraps.