Start the summer season right with this shrimp and sausage skillet featuring summer squash!
This recipe is made with all-natural, certified gluten-free Jones Dairy Farm Turkey Sausage Links.
- 1 package (7 oz) Jones Dairy Farm Turkey Sausage Links, chopped
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (plus more to garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place shrimp in small bowl and mix in one tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add shrimp to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add one tablespoon of oil, turkey sausage, and onions. Toss together for about two minutes.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for three minutes until zucchini is tender and cooked through.
- Add cooked shrimp back in. Toss for another two minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!