Chocolate and Potato Chip Cookies
Recipe tester: Cheryl McEvoy of Gluten-Free Hot Products – July 9, 2012
Read Cheryl’s review of this recipe here: Gluten-Free Baking with Frito-Lay
Courtesy of Frito-Lay
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free baking flour or your favorite blend
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup canola oil or butter (chewy or crisp)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 egg
- Up to 5 tablespoons of brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature milk chocolate chips
- Half of a 10 ½ ounce bag Lays Classic Potato Chips, processed till finely minced but not mealy
1. Process potato chips and weigh until you have 5 ounces (about half the bag). Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together baking powder, flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the brown sugar and coconut and mix until combined.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together the oil (or butter), vanilla extract, agave, egg and 5 tablespoons coffee. Add the wet to the dry, stirring until smooth. If the dough is too stiff, add more coffee as needed to soften. It is a pretty thick cookie dough. Stir in potato chips and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Drop by the tablespoon onto a sheet pan lined with parchment and bake on the bottom rack for 15-17 minutes. Remove and cool for 5 minutes and move cookies to a cooling rack. Repeat until all dough is used.