Celiac Disease, Hidden in Plain Sight: a Beyond Celiac Mini-Conference
Date: November 18, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM ET
Where: Virtual, Zoom webinar
The goal of the Celiac Disease, Hidden in Plain Sight: a Beyond Celiac Mini-Conference is to discuss those who have been “left behind” in the celiac disease world due to missed diagnosis or challenges to diagnosis.
Discussions will focus on the diagnosis of celiac disease in the following areas:
- Missed diagnosis due to neurological manifestations
- Missed diagnosis due to patient demographics
- The future of diagnosis methods
- Welcome from Alice Bast, CEO of Beyond Celiac
- Introduction from Salvatore Alesci, MD, PhD Beyond Celiac Chief Scientist and Strategy Officer
- Session 1: It’s All in Your Head: Missed Diagnosis due to Neurological Symptoms of Celiac Disease
Panelists: Patient representative Gabrielle Zimmer, Kate Avery, MPH, of Beyond Celiac and Nigel Hoggard, MD, and Iain Croall, PhD, of the University of Sheffield.
- Q&A with Session 1 panel
- Session 2: You Don’t Look like You Have Celiac Disease: Missed Diagnosis of Celiac Disease Due to Demographics
Panelists: Patient representative Jocelyn Langevine, Amy Ratner of Beyond Celiac, and Pooja Mehta, MD, of Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Q&A with Session 2 panel
- Session 3: You Want Me to Do What? Current and Future Methods of Celiac Disease Diagnosis
Panelists: Maria Luci of Beyond Celiac, Hilary Jericho, MD, of Celiac Disease Center, UChicago Medicine, and Isabel Hujoel, MD, Digestive Health Center at UW Medical Center.
- Q&A with Session 3 panel
Please click here to register.
Registration for US residents:
Please fill out the below form to register for this free, virtual event. You will receive an email with a link to join close to the event date.