RevolutionHealth.com Brings Its First Online Health Fair To Consumers Nationwide
WASHINGTON, June 18, 2007—RevolutionHealth.com, a free online health and medical Web site that combines expert content and online tools with the power of social networking, today announced its first online health fair to be held on June 18-30, 2007. Revolution Health is partnering with 10 national nonprofit organizations including the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) who are participating with an online booth at the Health Fair and for every visitor to their booth Revolution Health will make a donation to that partner for a total of up to $10,000.
Continuing with their mission to bring the focus of health care back on consumers, RevolutionHealth.com has assembled experts from these nationally recognized nonprofit organizations to provide engaging information to consumers on specific major illnesses, including the warning signs, prevention information when applicable and steps to take to if one is diagnosed all online, for free and without having to leave the comfort of one’s home or office.
Experts from the NFCA include CNN Newsroom Anchor Heidi Collins, NFCA Chef Spokesman Edgar Steele, Executive Director Alice Bast and Dr. Anthony Di Marino, Division Director of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
RevolutionHealth.com’s online health fair is part of our broader mission to lead the health care industry in a better direction by focusing on the consumer and ensuring they have the best tools and reliable information they need to live healthier, said Steve Case, Revolution Health chairman and CEO. While consumers have access to a lot of information, we’re making sure that they have access to meaningful, actionable information from the best experts for free.
Bringing convenience to the traditional health exposition model, RevolutionHealth.com’s online health fair features information you can use from its nationally-known nonprofit partners:
- American Kidney Foundation Learn the facts about kidney disease, determine your risks and steps to help prevent it. (www.kidneyfund.org)
- Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America Learn how the 60 million Americans suffering from asthma and allergies can better manage their disease.
- Autism Speaks A new case of autism is diagnosed in American almost every 20 minutes. Learn the warning signs and what to do if you believe your child might have it.
- IBS Self Help & Support Group Learn the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and join the largest online community for people with IBS.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness With mental illness most often striking people in the prime of their lives, learn the warning signs, the treatment options and your state’s grade for its mental health care systems.
- National Family Caregivers Association Approximately 50 million people provide care for a chronically ill, disabled or aged family member or friend in a given year. NFCA provides useful information and steps to take to alleviate the challenges of caring for others and ways of making it as meaningful and rewarding as possible.
- National Foundation for Celiac Awareness 97 percent of people with celiac disease don’t know they have it. Learn the facts about this digestive disease, the signs and symptoms, the causes, the risk factors and treatment options if you, a family member or friend have the disease.
- National Sleep Foundation Test your sleep IQ, learn the top 10 tips everyone can take to get a good night’s sleep and get the latest sleep news and research.
- The Society for Women’s Health Research Learn how women can take charge of their health. Get useful information on autoimmune disease, cancer and cardiovascular disease, and find out the 10 major health differences between women and men.
- The Wellness Community Learn how support groups can facilitate wellness and join homes across the world that are set up as cancer support centers.
RevolutionHealth.com is also hosting two booths at the online health fair: Mom’s Essential, which provides online tools to expectant parents, and KnowYourRiskTM, which helps people calculate their risk for heart attack, stroke and diabetes, three of the most common diseases.
For more information on RevolutionHealth.com’s Online Health Fair visit: www.revolutionhealth.com/healthfair.
For more information on the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, please visit www.beyondceliac.org
About Revolution Health
Revolution Health Group LLC was created by AOL Co-Founder Steve Case to create products and services that empower people by putting them at the center of the health system. The cornerstone of the company is RevolutionHealth.com, a free consumer health and medical website that marries expert content and online tools with the power of social networking. Revolution Health also offers premium services that enable companies to provide health content and customized online tools to their employees, an insurance marketplace, and CarePages (www.carepages.com), the leading service that enables communication among family and friends when someone is receiving care. For more information go to www.RevolutionHealth.com.