Educational Session Reveals How To Expand Your Customer Base and Improve Your Bottom Line.
click to download in a pdf
Ambler, PA (February 24th, 2011) - The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) will deliver a highly anticipated educational session on the topic of the gluten-free marketplace entitled, Gluten-Free On The Menu: Expanding Your Customer Base and Uncovering Opportunities, Friday, March 11th 2011 at the Natural Products Expo West show in Anaheim, California.
With the expanding population of Americans affected by celiac disease and gluten intolerance, demand for gluten-free products and continues to climb. The market posted sales of $2.6 billion in 2010, according to Packaged Facts market research, and is projected to exceed $5 billion by 2015.
Featuring a dynamic panel of industry experts in an interactive question and answer format, Gluten-Free On The Menu will demonstrate a business case for manufacturers and retailers to invest in the gluten-free consumer base, discuss how to produce, market, and sell gluten-free products successfully, and provide an understanding of both the trends and long-term shifts within this growing market category.
Featured Topics Include:
- Status of the Gluten-Free Market. Increasing your bottom line by understanding the needs of the consumer.
- The Nitty Gritty: Testing, Labeling and Packaging. Food safety issues, parallels and differences to organic and kosher.
- How To Do It Right: Start to Finish. Values-based decision making throughout the production process.
- Marketing and Merchandizing for Maximum Results.
- Roping in the Customer. Components of a well-rounded PR strategy.
Gluten-free Industry Expert Presenters:
- Alice Bast, President & Founder, National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA)
- Jaclyn Bowen, General Manager, QAI Inc.
- Lucy Gibney, MD, Founder & CEO, Dr. Lucy’s LLC
- Jim Garsow, Director of Marketing, TH Foods
- Joshua Kohnstamm, President, Kohnstamm Communications
Gluten-Free On The Menu will take place from 9:30 - 10:45am at the Anaheim Convention Center, Room 207A.
For more information on this collection of gluten-free market experts and industry leaders visit:
Expo West is the world’s largest natural, organic and healthy products trade show. The event features over 3,000 exhibits and draws nearly 60,000 food industry professionals each year.
To register for Gluten-Free On The Menu: Expanding Your Customer Base and Uncovering Opportunities, visit the Education & Events section of the Expo West 2011 website:
About NFCA and GREAT Gluten-Free Initiatives
NFCA’s GREAT gluten-free initiatives promote a vision where gluten-free food is tasty, safe, affordable, accessible, and understood. The organization and its programming have been recognized by industry professionals and consumers alike for their leadership in the growth and development of the gluten-free market. The GREAT Business Association of gluten-free businesses and certified gluten-free product registry, as well as the GREAT gluten-free training program for kitchens and food service, provide tools to manage and master the gluten-free marketplace.
NFCA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of celiac in order to gain prompt and accurate diagnosis for those suffering, support the health and wellbeing of those with the disease, and facilitate research that will better understand the disorder and find a cure. Visit www.beyondceliac.org for information.
Contact: Whitney Ehret
National Foundation for Celiac Awareness
(215) 325-1306 x 103