From Miranda Jade Turbin, NFCA newsletter columnist
This is the original Toll House recipe, adapted to gluten-free and divided in half. These are really delicious!
A heaping 1 3/4 cup rice flour or gluten-free flour mix
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter or non-dairy alternative
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 package gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars and butter until creamy.
2. Beat in egg, then add the dry ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
3. Once smooth, add chips and nuts, and roll into balls.
4. Flatten slightly.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes.
6. Let cool on cookie sheets.
7. Remove and eat or store in airtight container.
Note: You can replace the egg with egg replacer or applesauce to make them vegan.