From Linda Simon, RD, of Kitchen Therapy
Makes one 3 1/2-inch bun
1. In a small bowl, beat the egg and molasses with a fork, for about a minute.
2. In another small bowl, add the sorghum flour, almond meal, ground flax seed, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Add a pinch of salt if you like. Make sure everything is thoroughly mixed so you do not see little balls of cocoa or bitter baking soda.
3. Add the eggs to the dry ingredients, stir until smooth.
4. Oil a 10 oz Pyrex custard cup and sprinkle sesame seeds on the bottom and sides.
5. Pour the batter into the cup. Top with more sesame seeds.
6. Microwave for 90 seconds.That’s it! A ready to eat, tasty bun.
Try this recipe using different flours and seeds. Or, add herbs or cheese. Cinnamon and raisins also make tasty additions.
See a video demonstration of this recipe here.