Makes 1 large baking sheet.
- 5 cups popped sorghum, quinoa, amaranth, or popcorn (see below for popping directions)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Double Chocolate Mini Cookies or Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- 2 Tbsp. allergy-friendly oil
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Mountain Mambo Seed & Fruit Mix
- Place roughly 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to medium-high heat.
- Add three kernels of your choice of sorghum, quinoa, amaranth or popcorn. Once the kernels pop, reduce to medium heat.
- Add the remaining kernels and shake the pot to coat them with the oil. Cover the pot. Let cook until the kernels begin to pop, then reduce to medium-low heat. Continue to cook, shaking the pan frequently, until the popping has slowed down, about 1 minute for amaranth, 2 minutes for quinoa, and 3 to 4 minutes for sorghum or popcorn. Remove from heat and transfer the kernels to a large bowl.
Snack Mix Directions:
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine your choice of popped kernels and crushed cookies in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the Mini Chips and oil in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the kernel and cookie mixture, mixing well until coated. Stir in the Mountain Mambo.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.