Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 can (13.66 oz.) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup assorted vegetables, such as snap peas, bamboo shoots and sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil (optional)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- Fresh red chiles, thinly sliced (optional)
- Bring coconut milk to simmer in large skillet on medium heat. Stir in curry paste and sugar until well blended; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and vegetables. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in basil and fish sauce.
- Serve with cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice. Garnish with additional basil and chile slices, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian groceries. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.
Green Curry Shrimp: Prepare as directed, using 1 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste in place of the Red Curry Paste. For added heat, use 2 Tbsp. Green Curry Paste.
Enter the Gluten-Free Giveaway for your chance to win gluten-free products from Thai Kitchen! Get the details here.