Courtesy of Allergic Living and Chef Simon Clarke
Serves 6 (or 3 as a main course)
- 3 medium-sized acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chives, finely diced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place squash on a baking sheet, cut side up. Pour water onto sheet, and cover with tin foil. Bake squash 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven.
- Cook quinoa (follow package instructions); place in medium-sized bowl.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium. Add bell pepper, zucchini, onion and chives. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté 4-6 minutes.
- Add vegetables to cooked quinoa. Spoon mixture into cooked squash halves.
- Return stuffed squash to oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove and serve.
Tags: Dinner, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-Free