Courtesy of Allergic Living and Chef Simon Clarke
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. pancetta, finely diced
- 2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 of one Savoy cabbage, chopped
- 1 28 oz. can of diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 quarts gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 14 oz. can of black (or other) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup uncooked gluten-free or regular elbow pasta
- Salt and pepper
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook 2-4 minutes, stirring. Then mix in onion, carrots and celery and cook a further 4-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, cabbage, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Cook a further 2 minutes. Pour in stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Add beans, spinach and pasta. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer until pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls. Serve soup with warm gluten-free bread.
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga