1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch cakes pan.
2. Combine flours, tapioca starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend well. Set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat milk to just under a boil. Pour it over chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
5. Add chocolate and egg mixtures to flour mixture. Add orange zest and stir well to form a smooth batter. Stir in grated carrots.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.