From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
Adapted from The Best American Recipes 2004-2005.
Makes 40 x 2 inch cookies/biscuits.
No xanthan gum needed.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Beat the soft butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla, beat in well.
5. Mix together and then slowly beat in gluten-free oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda until blended.
6. Add nuts and chocolate chips and mix in
7. Using a 1 tablespoon (15 ml) scoop, drop scoops of dough onto baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
8. Use a fork to flatten slightly and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cookies are golden brown and firm around the edges. Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes until you can lift them onto a cooling rack. They do firm up as they cool.
Tips & Alternatives:
I found if I let the oven cool down a little, then put the cookies back into residual heat, I get a crisper cookie without over browning them. But, timing this and gauging the oven heat is not an easy thing to do, so I wouldn’t recommend this unless you’ve had some practice.