From NFCA Blogger Ambassador Annette Marie of Best Life Gluten-Free
- 1 box gluten-free graham-like cookies
- 2 Tbsp. sweet butter (or substitute if you’re dairy-free)
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- Several ripe peaches. Not mushy, but a bit soft to touch. Halve, remove pit, skin can stay on, or remove if you want.
- Honey to drizzle on each
- Cooking spray or margarine to grease pan
- Ice cream or whipped cream to serve
- Take a box of graham-like cookies, gluten-free of course, and crumble them up. In a small bowl, smash them and add a dusting of brown sugar, and combine well.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of sweet butter (or your substitute if you’re dairy-free) in a small fry pan. Add the cookie mixture and stir until soft and well moistened.
- In any oven-proof pan, even an aluminum, disposable one, spray the bottom with a gluten-free spray, or grease with margarine, and then put the cut peaches, center upward, inside.
- Sprinkle the cookie combo in the opening at the top, and all around.
- Drizzle with a teaspoon of honey on each.
- Bake at 350 degrees until you see a tinged edge, or some golden edges forming. Keep an eye on them. Ovens vary…mine took only 10-15 minutes. The whole house smelled great!
- Cool a little, & then serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream as seen here. Not much work…but tastes like it was!