From Amy Green of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:2 hours
Serves 6 – 8.
1. Make the crumb topping: Put the walnuts, coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse several times, then process until the nuts become crumbs. Set aside.
2. Make the coffee cake: Whisk together the flour, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, and orange zest.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the liquified coconut oil, eggs, sour cream, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Fold in the cranberries.
6. Turn the batter into a greased, 4-quart CrockPot. Smooth the top.
7. Sprinkle the crumble topping across the top of the cake and press into the batter.
8. Put the lid on the CrockPot, venting it with a wooden skewer. Bake on low for 2 – 3 hours, until a knife inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
For more gluten-free holiday recipes and tips: