Crispy BBQ Chicken Wings
« Return to the Crunchmaster Recipe Box
September 15, 2014
Courtesy of Crunchmaster and Carol Kicinski
Makes about 30 wings.
- 2 – 4.5 oz. bags Crunchmaster Multi Grain Sea Salt Crackers
- 1 cup gluten-free barbeque sauce – use divided
- ½ cup honey – use divided
- 4 lbs. chicken wing drumettes
- Pour ¾ cup of the barbeque sauce and ¼ cup of the honey in a large plastic storage bag and mix. Add the chicken wings, close the bag and toss several times to coat the wings with the sauce. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray two baking sheets with gluten-free, non-stick cooking spray.
- Grind the crackers in a food processor or blender to fine crumbs and pour onto a dinner plate. Remove a chicken wing from the marinade, roll in the cracker crumbs to coat and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken wings. Discard the marinade. Spray the tops of the wings lightly with gluten-free, non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until browned and cooked thoroughly (registering 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the wing).
- Combine the remaining ¼ cup barbeque sauce with the remaining ¼ honey and serve with the wings for dipping.
<< Back to Recipes