From “A Primitive Diet” by Beverly Southam
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 2 cobs of fresh sweet corn
- 2 shallots and green tops sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grind of fresh pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- First take a sharp knife and trim the corn from the cob and put aside.
- Sift together the flours and baking powder three times to distribute the baking powder evenly.
- Place egg, water, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Sift in dry ingredients and stir to form a thick batter.
- Add corn, shallots and coriander and gently combine.
- Heat pan on medium heat with the oil and place in generous tablespoons of mixture.
- Cook on one side til lightly brown then with a spatula turn to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with a sauce, such as tomato sauce, on a bed of greens or serve with salsa.