Coconut Ginger Ice Cream
« Return to the Thai Kitchen Recipe Box
July 11, 2016
Courtesy of Thai Kitchen
- 1 can (400 ml.) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- ½ cup (125 ml.) whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml.) minced ginger
- 4 large egg yolks
- cup (80 ml.) superfine sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml.) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml.) dark rum
- Bring coconut milk, milk and ginger to simmer in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in medium heatproof bowl with wire whisk until fine yellow ribbons form. Gradually add ½ cup of the coconut milk mixture, whisking until well blended.
- Place bowl over a double boiler. Whisk in remaining coconut milk mixture. Cook until mixture thickly coats the back of a wooden spoon, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Cool completely in refrigerator or place bowl over an ice bath. When cool, strain through a fine sieve. Stir in cream and rum until well blended.
- Pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
<< Back to Recipes