Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins
« Return to the Enjoy Life Recipe Box
August 11, 2016
Makes 24 muffins.
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- cup shortening
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal and 6 Tbsp. hot water, mixed together
- 1 cup very ripe bananas, mashed
- cup water
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cups Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix, sifted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 24-well muffin tin with papers or grease and set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer, combine organic cane sugar and shortening in medium bowl and mix 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the All-Purpose Flour Mix, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and Chocolate Mini Chips. Set aside.
- Combine the flaxseed and hot water mixture, the shortening and sugar mixture, the mashed bananas, water and vanilla extract and mix another 2 minutes with the hand mixer.
- Add the flour mixture and mix another 1-2 minutes with wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Evenly portion into the greased or paper-lined muffin tin and bake for 16-18 minutes.
<< Back to Recipes