From Paul Biscione of Food Living and Everything Else
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat up olive oil and put in sausages in without the casings. As it is cooking, break up the sausage with a wooden spoon. Cook until sausage meat is done, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove sausage form the pot to a holding bowl.
2. In the same pot over medium heat, sauté the onions for about 3 minutes to soften and pick up the brown bits from the sausage (you may need to add one more tsp. of olive oil if your sausage was very dry).
3. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
4. Add the sausage back to the pot along with any juices.
5. Add the red pepper purée, stock and beans. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
6. Adjust flavor for salt and pepper, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
7. After 45 minutes, turn off the flame. Add the spinach and stir to wilt and combine. Serve.