Makes 2 servings
Rice Bowl Ingredients:
- ½ lb. Boar’s Head Bold Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken, sliced ¼” thick
- 1 cup white rice
- ¼ cup carrots, matchstick cut
- ¼ cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 fresno chili, deseeded and julienned
- 1 Tbsp. pickled ginger
- 2 tsp. scallions, sliced thin
- 4 tsp. cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. cashews, roasted in gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup gluten-free teriyaki sauce (recipe listed below)
Rice Bowl Directions:
- Steam white rice per package instructions and spoon into two bowls for serving.
- Place the Boar’s Head Bold Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken onto a clean work surface and julienne.
- Spoon half the chicken, carrots, celery, chili and pickled ginger into each bowl.
- Sprinkle with scallions, cilantro and cashews.
- Drizzle with the teriyaki sauce (recipe listed below) and serve.
Makes 1 cup
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup tamari sauce
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. rice wine
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp. garlic, minced
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp. water
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
Teriyaki Sauce Directions:
- Heat tamari sauce, rice wine, light brown sugar, sugar, garlic and ¼ cup water in a saucepan on medium heat until all sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and remaining tablespoon of water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and simmer for approximately 3-5 minutes, until thickened.