Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time:25 minutes
- 1 lb. catfish (about 2 small fillets)
- 1-2 Tbsp. avocado oil or enough to coat the pan (you can use canola or olive oil as well)
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon plus the other half, sliced for serving
- 2 tsp. gluten-free Old Bay Blackened Seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a baking dish, season catfish fillets all over with lemon zest, lemon juice, Old Bay, garlic salt and cayenne.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and then cook catfish for about 2 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- Place the skillet with the catfish in the oven and cook until flaky and crisp around the edges, about 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and coarse ground black pepper and serve with a lemon wedge for garnish.