From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
Makes 6 muffin tops
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place 6 muffin tops tray and oil in oven to heat while oven preheats.
3. Whisk eggs in a large bowl until slightly fluffy, about 1 minute.
4. Add flour, xanthan gum, garlic powder, mustard, herbs, milk, salt and pepper to taste and beat just to blend. Let stand for about 5 minutes. Batter should be pourable, but neither runny nor stiff.
5. Remove pan from oven, divide hot melted butter evenly between holes (1 teaspoon in each) and pour in batter, about ¼ cup per hole. Batter will sizzle as it hits hot pan and immediately start forming a skin on edges. The pan must be hot.
6. Immediately put pan in oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until puddings are deep golden brown, have risen all the way around the pan, normally quite unevenly and very little flat area. The more you bake them, the crispier they become with no soft areas.
7. Remove from oven and immediately serve since they will rapidly deflate. Serve onto a heated plate plus hot gluten-free gravy as they go cold rapidly.
Tips & Alternatives:
For a sweet version to serve at breakfast: Add 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract, 2 tsp. sugar, and a bit of orange zest. Serve with warmed maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar and melted butter.