From Miranda Jade Turbin of
1 large acorn squash
4 eggs, separated
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. butter ( or coconut oil for dairy-free)
3 tsp. sugar or alternative sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut and steam acorn squash pieces. Simmer until soft.
3. Let squash cool and peel off skins. This yields 3 to 3 ½ cups of squash.
4. Blend squash, add 2 egg yolks only, and then add cinnamon, sugar/sweetener and butter. Add more sugar/sweetener to taste.
5. Coat inside of soufflé dish with butter or coconut oil.
6. Whip egg whites in separate bowl and fold squash mixture into whites gently (so you don’t deflate whites).
7. Pour gently into soufflé dish.
8. Bake 20-30 mins until done.