Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 3 1-cup servings.
- 1 pouch Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- 1 pouch Thai Kitchen Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 egg
- 4 oz. cubed chicken breasts or peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges, fresh red chilies and cilantro (optional)
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add Rice Noodles; let stand 6 to 8 minutes or until noodles are soft but firm. Drain. Rinse with cold water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in wok or large skillet on medium heat. Add egg; cook and stir until scrambled. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through. Add softened rice noodles and Pad Thai Sauce; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes until noodles are tender and sauce is absorbed into the noodles. (If noodles are too firm, add 1 teaspoon water and continue to stir fry until tender.)
- Stir in bean sprouts and scrambled egg. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with lime wedges, chilies and cilantro, if desired.