Courtesy of Crunchmaster and Carol Kicinski
- 16 oz. crab meat, picked over and flaked
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers Sea Salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup minced green onions, white and green parts
- ½ cup mayonnaise, use divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Several dashes of hot sauce, use divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cocktail sauce
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Combine crabmeat with ¼ cup cracker crumbs, eggs, green onions, ¼ cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, 4 or 5 dashes of hot sauce, salt and pepper, mix well. Pour remaining cracker crumbs into a dinner plate or shallow bowl.
- Shape crab mixture into 12 cakes using ¼ cup mixture for each cake. Coat the crab cakes with cracker crumbs, lightly pressing the crumbs into the cakes. Place crab cakes on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Cook the crab cakes in batches (do not overcrowd the pan) for 3 – 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Whisk together the remaining ¼ cup mayonnaise with the cocktail sauce and 3 or 4 dashes of hot sauce.
Serve the crab cakes with the creamy cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.