Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced Thai chile
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh Thai basil
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add garlic and chile; stir fry 30 seconds. Add chicken, water, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar; stir fry 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in basil. Garnish with additional chile slices and fresh or deep-fried basil leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian groceries. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.