Courtesy of Allergic Living and Chef Simon Clarke
Makes 4 servings
- 1 package gluten-free quinoa penne pasta, freshly cooked
- 1 2-inch thick slice of pancetta, diced*
- 1 cup each sugar snaps, snow peas, broccoli florets
- 1 each, red and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan, cook pancetta until golden brown. Use slotted spoon to remove to a plate. Keep drippings in pan.
- Meanwhile in a large pot of salted water, blanch sugar snaps, snow peas and broccoli individually. Remove each to colander and drain.
- Sauté diced peppers in drippings over medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Add blanched vegetables, herbs and cooked pancetta and pasta. Toss well, warm through and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
*Note: For vegetarian, omit pancetta and substitute 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil to replace drippings