Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 piece Thai Kitchen Kaffir Lime Leaves (optional)
- Pinch salt
- Toasted coconut and chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Rinse jasmine rice with water. Drain well; set aside.
- Bring coconut milk, 1 1/4 cups water, sugar, kaffir lime leaf and salt to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork. Remove kaffir lime leaf. Spoon rice into serving bowl. Sprinkle with coconut and cilantro, if desired.
Grab a free Celiac Awareness Month eCookbook, featuring over 35 recipes from sponsors of the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA).