From NFCA Blogger Ambassador Jackie Ourman of Celiac & Allergy-Friendly Epicurean (C.A.F.E.)
- 1 lb. unpeeled large shrimp, rinsed and deveined
- 1½ tsp. gluten-free Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Few sprigs thyme
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, sliced thinly, plus wedges for serving
- In a medium bowl stir together all spices and garlic. Add shrimp and thyme and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add shrimp and sauté, tossing occasionally, until shells caramelized and shrimp is cooked through (should be pink and opaque throughout), about 4-6 minutes. Garnish with lemon slices and wedges and serve.