Courtesy of Three Bakers and Angela Litzinger
- 8 oz. cream cheese or dairy-free alternative
- 1 Tbsp. sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. finely minced lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. finely minced lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 1/3 cup diced strawberries
For French toast:
- 1 1/2 cups milk or dairy-free alternative (such as almond or coconut)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 1 loaf Three Bakers Whole Grain White Bread
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon and lime zests, first measure of cinnamon, and first measure of vanilla. When well blended, mix in the diced strawberries.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, second measure of cinnamon, and second measure of vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish large enough to hold bread slices.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto a slice of Three Bakers Whole Grain White Bread, leaving about 1/4” boarder around edge of bread. Top with a second slice of bread.
- Place layered bread into the egg mixture. Allow to soak mixture for one minute. Flip bread and allow to soak for one minute longer. Place soaked bread into a preheated skillet that has a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil melted in it.
- Cook French toast until golden brown. Using a spatula, flip the French toast over and cook the other side until golden. Set French toast aside on a warmed platter. Continue with remaining bread until all the French toast is cooked.
- Top with sliced strawberries, maple syrup or strawberry syrup.