These Flourless Brownie Cookies are full of chocolate. They're rich and fudgy cookies that taste like a brownie...and they're gluten-free!
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup Scharffen Berger Cocoa
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Scharffen Berger Baking Chunks
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, salt, cocoa and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add egg whites and vanilla and stir until a thick mixture forms. It will look like it’s not enough liquid, but just keep stirring. The batter will eventually come together. It’s very, very thick. Stir in the baking chunks and nuts, if using.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Yes, even though you’re using parchment you need to spray it or grease it. You can use silicone baking mats, but spray them too.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the cookie sheets, leaving a few inches between them.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until most of the cookie is no longer glossy. There may still be a glossy spot or two in the center. Let cool completely before removing from the pan using a spatula. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.