Courtesy of Dagoba
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup DAGOBA Cacao Powder, sifted
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, room temperature (if you use unsalted, add 1/2 tsp. of salt to the dry ingredients)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- Sift the three flours together.
- Add Dagoba Cacao Powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, and baking soda to the flours and whick together in a medium bowl. Beat the butter until creamy.
- Slowly add the brown sugar and the granulated sugar; whip until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and the egg yolks one at a time. Add the vanilla. Turn the mixer to low and alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake is spring to the touch.
Since this is truly a no-frills chocolate cake, make this simple frosting, or feel free to substitute your own favorite frosting. This one is not very sweet, but most kids will still love it!
- 5 oz. DAGOBA 59% Semisweet Dark Chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Let the chocolate cool until warm.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Add whipping cream to desired consistency. The frosting will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Once the cake has cooled, frost the cake. This frosting provides a simple, thin layer of frosting for this no-frills chocolate cake.