- ½ cup white rice flour
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 pinch ground cloves, optional
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup rice, soy or almond milk
- 1 ½ cups (5.3 ounces) chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
- Grated zest of 1 orange or 1 tsp. dried orange zest
- 1 ¼ cups grated carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch cakes pan.
2. Combine flours, tapioca starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend well. Set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat milk to just under a boil. Pour it over chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
5. Add chocolate and egg mixtures to flour mixture. Add orange zest and stir well to form a smooth batter. Stir in grated carrots.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.