- 1 cup coconut oil
- 6 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 – 1 ¼ cup agave
- 2 cup gluten-free flour mix
- ¼ c flax meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup chopped nuts and/or dried fruits
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, apple sauce, salt, vanilla, and evaporated cane juice. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, flax meal, baking soda, and xanthan gum. Using a rubber spatula, carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until a grainy dough is formed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips just until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
3. Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, in 1-inch-diameter portions, spacing them 1 inch apart. Gently press each with the heel of your hand to help them spread.
4. Bake the cookies on the center rack for 15 minutes, rotating the sheets 180 degrees after 9 minutes. The finished cookies will be crisp on the edges and soft in the center.
5. Let the cookies stand on the sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and cool completely before covering.