Jill and Stella’s Gluten Free Banana Bread
When my daughter Stella was diagnosed with celiac disease, we discovered that we love to bake together. Naturally, we bake a lot of cookies, but one of our favorite family traditions is baking gluten-free banana bread. It’s super easy and totally delicious for breakfast, an after school snack or to give away as a gift. Maybe it will become a family tradition in your house, too!
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- ¾ cup of your favorite sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 T. butter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
2. Mash bananas (you should have 1 cup) and beat in sugar, egg and butter.
3. In another bowl, stir together gluten-free flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients.
5. Stir until mixed and pour into pan.
6. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.