From Miranda Jade Turbin, Beyond Celiac newsletter columnist
Makes 2 cups.
- 2 cups milk (or soy, rice or almond milk)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. agave or honey
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or nuts
1. Bring milk to boil.
2. Add quinoa.
3. Return to boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Milk will not be fully absorbed.
4. Stir in agave (or honey) and cinnamon, and simmer approximately 8 more minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in blueberries or nuts, and serve with honey, salt, or butter.