I’m bringing you this recipe courtesy of Cream Hill Estates.
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup peanuts or soy nuts
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, apples, cranberries, apricots
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Mix all ingredients together. Thoroughly blend the honey, vanilla and peanut butter. (You may need to mix with greased hands to ensure everything is mixed together.)
2. Line jelly roll pan (rimmed cookie sheet) with greased parchment paper. Pat mixture firmly into pan with greased hands or a heated spoon. If you want thinner bars, use two jelly roll pans.
3. Bake at 275 degrees until golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and once again pat firmly to ensure the bars hold together.
4. Cut into bars or squares, depending on what size you want.