From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
Makes about 24 – 1” balls
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (gluten-free)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. corn syrup or honey
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice. For a tangier taste, use orange juice concentrate.
- 3 Tbsp. orange liqueur
- Grated rind of half an orange
- 1 ¼ cups very finely crushed dry gluten-free Lady Fingers (one batch of my recipe, roughly 5 oz. in weight)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans, walnuts, macadamias or almonds
- Additional white sugar for rolling, or finely shredded white or dark chocolate
- Decorative mini muffin cups
1. In a 6-cup microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate, honey, orange juice and orange liqueur together in increments until melted. Stir in zest.
2. Use a spatula to stir in cookies and nuts until the mix is very moist and sticking together like a paste.
3. Put sugar or shredded chocolate in wide cereal bowl. Using a #60, 1 tablespoon scoop, take scoops of the mix and drop into sugar or chocolate. Gently roll around to cover the ball. Carefully pick up and drop into decorative mini muffin cups. Place them all in a covered container and store at room temperature for at least a day for flavors to develop.
Tips & Alternatives:
Dip the completed truffle balls in melted chocolate and finish with colored chocolate melt.