Courtesy of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Renegade Kitchen
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard (make sure it's gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Olive Oil
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the egg yolks, lemon juice, brown rice syrup, minced garlic, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whip it. Whip it good. Use a machine to blend these together; your arms will burn wielding a whisk.
2. Turn your mixer on high and pour the oil into the bowl in the thinnest stream possible. Yes, it will dribble everywhere, but the mayonnaise will survive as long as you try to pour the oil in slowly. This is how emulsification works.
3. When you’ve finished pouring in the oil, let it whip for another minute and then turn off the mixer. The mayonnaise should be pale yellow, flecked with mustard grains and thick. It will thicken even more in the refrigerator.