From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
Makes 36 3-inch cookies
- ¾ cup (4 oz.) golden or regular raisins
- ¼ cup orange juice, orange liqueur or concentrated orange juice
- ½ cup (4 oz.) butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest of an orange
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup Oonagh’s Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup gluten-free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1+1/2 cups (5 oz.) gluten-free oats
- Combine orange juice and raisins and let stand overnight until raisins absorb juice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and orange zest.
- Combine flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt and stir into butter mix.
- Add raisins, soaking liquid, oats and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Scoop dough using a 1 Tbsp. scoop onto lined baking sheets. Do not crowd. Bake for 8-12 minutes on the middle rack.
- Remove from oven, let cool on tray and then move to cooling rack.